Environmental Permitting Regulations (England and Wales Regulations 2007)
The Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR) came into force on 6 April 2008.
As a first step, they combine Pollution Prevention and Control (PPC) and Waste Management Licensing (WML). If you already have a PPC permit or a Waste Management Licence, it automatically became an Environmental Permit from 6 April 2008.
The Regulations provide a single, common, risk-based framework for permitting and compliance. They introduce the possibility of a single permit and regulator for some sites, and standard permits, which are easier to get.
We can support you to:
- Apply for any permits required.
- Negotiate to obtain a pragmatic permit which suits your business
- Maintain compliance
- Achieve best practice
We have experience in:
- Implementing Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- Risk identification
- Ensuring that you comply with your permit
- Delivering advice on
- Incidents and non-conformances
- Authoring and facilitation of
- Accident Management Plans (AMP)
- Site Protection and Monitoring Plans (SPMS)
- Site Closure Plans
- Site-Specific Protocols for Monitoring (SSP)
Our specialist subject areas include:
- Energy efficiency
- Efficient use of raw materials and water
- Avoidance, recovery and disposal of wastes
- Emissions to air, water and land
- Reporting on monitoring in accordance with the Environment Agency's monitoring certification scheme MCERTS